Friday, July 08, 2005

I forget so you don't have to

I always forget about Persephone Books until I see someone mention it at Chicklit. Then I drive myself crazy making lists of the ones I want.

One day I will be rich or the world will revert to a barter system and the currency will be either leaves or bad teenage poetry, both of which I have in spades. The first book I buy will be Kitchen Essays by Agnes Jekyll, because . . . I'm not sure why, honestly. It sounds good, and I like things that involve the kitchen. The second would probably be Katherine Mansfield's The Montana Stories because, ah, it's the second book I looked at. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to older authors and books, so it's fun to learn about these people I've never heard of. Although I'm sure that makes me sound very dumb. I'm learning, though, see?

I should just ask everyone to get me one Persephone book for xmas. Hahaha, like they'd get me books. It's a very strange phenomenon, actually -- I, the book addict, very rarely get books for xmas and birthdays. I think it may be because no one knows what I already have. One day I will introduce them to my Amazon wishlist. Is that tacky? Maybe I won't do it, I'll just hope they stumble on it. Although I am going to show Ben how to use it because he's asked me to do so before.

Whoa, I got off-topic. Anyway, I just discovered Amazon does actually have most of the Persephone Books listed (makes wishlisting them a lot easier), but you have to look them up individually. There's no way to just look up "Persephone Books" unless I'm missing something. This makes my life a lot easier, although I think I'd rather order them directly because of the little extras they include -- bookmarks and the catalog, which I must have in order to properly lust after the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment