Monday, July 11, 2005

briefly

Two articles that have been on my mind recently:

The New Yorker details the restoration of the Unicorn tapestries, and how math is the key to restoring the mysterious masterpiece.

and

"The Writer Who Was Full of Grace" -- Yardley's article about Flannery O'Connor, which I enjoyed more than I think was fitting. After reading it, I felt an urge to go pull out the one O'Connor book I own and devour it. Unfortunately, it's in storage, like EVERYTHING ELSE.

When we get back from vacation, my first priority will be a bookcase and my second will be rescuing my poor books.

If anyone happens in here and knows of a good secondhand bookstore near either Orlando, FL or Savannah, GA, PLEASE let me know. I'm having a hard time finding one online. I'm going to keep searching, and will probly end up just walking around 'til I find one, but a rec would be so great. I'll make you cookies! (Toaster oven cookies, but cookies nonetheless.)

No comments:

Post a Comment