Monday, March 28, 2005

miscellany

I'm not going to count these in my book count, because I didn't read them straight through, I've just paged through them a lot.

You Grow Girl by Gayla Trail, the creator of YouGrowGirl.com. If you are into gardening at all, you must read this book. It made me feel like I can actually tackle this gardening thing without destroying the earth and all its inhabitants. (Yes, I find that happens often.)

Eat More Dirt: Diverting and Instructive Tips for Growing and Tending an Organic Garden by Ellen Sandbeck. The title says it all. Sandbeck has good tips and ideas, and explains them well, plus it's a very pretty book.

Leading The Artful Life: Interiors Designed With Artistic Intuition by Mary Engelbreit. Apparently Engelbreit has a magazine called Home Companion, and a lot of people were tetchy because this book reprints a lot of info from the magazine. I've never heard of the magazine, though, so that didn't bother me. Beautiful interiors, very inspiring. Some of the styles I didn't like so much, but the good ones made up for it. I'm looking for some other books like this, but can't find any that have the right mix, only stodgy ones that are not my style at all. I also checked out a little book of spring crafts that was done by Engelbreit, and now I know why I haven't seen much of her stuff before. It's just not something I'm into. I really liked Artful Life, though.

And I've been going through other gardening books, but none of them are especially interesting. Fitzgerald kind of stalled me out on fic for a while. I might try to pick something up tonight, but it's going to have to be GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment