Friday, January 07, 2005

so much for that

At least I already finished my book for this week. I'm giving up on Oliver Sacks's The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. Reading about all the things that can go wrong with your brain is not for someone who's already paranoid about those sorts of things. Plus my copy had way too many typos for its own good. Cool discovery, though: Someone clipped an article about the success of the book and left it tucked between the pages. I love finding stuff like that. If I would stop being so picky and buy used books more often, I'd probly find more things like that, but these days I much prefer new books.

So I just spent more than I should have on some new ones because I'm running low, and the odds of finding these laying around in a used bookstore here are slim to nil. At roughly $8 a book because of a good 50% off sale, I got:

* Ambulance Girl
* Good Grief
* A Million Little Pieces
* Persepolis
* Something Rising (Light and Swift)
* Truth & Beauty
* The Virgin's Lover
* When Did You Stop Loving Me?

and two copies of The Time Traveler's Wife -- one for me because Rabbit pretty much destroyed my copy, and one for giving away.

No comments:

Post a Comment