Saturday, August 13, 2005

forty-three/fifty-two

I think the audiobook (cassette) version of David Sedaris's Me Talk Pretty One Day might have been abridged, but I'm not sure. Either way, it's still excellent. Remember back when I disliked David Sedaris? When I made the mistake of reading Holidays on Ice as my Sedaris introduction? That was pretty dumb, huh?

There were a couple of essays on here that weren't quite as good as the rest, but that's a pretty low bar to limbo under, so I won't count that against it. I actually saved this audiobook as a treat for the workweek, that's how much I enjoy listening to Sedaris read his own stuff. And the stuff is pretty good in its own right, as well. Like the piece about learning French -- that was one of my favorites. Of course, it was also pretty cool to HEAR Sedaris's Billie Holiday impersonation, so I'd rec this one even if you've already read the book, really.

A+++++!!!!, as they say on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment