Wednesday, October 25, 2006

thirty-two/seventy-five through thirty-five/seventy-five

I'm doing it again, yes. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'll forget what I read if I keep waiting until I have time to fully describe each book. Boo, I suck.

32. Waking the Moon by Elizabeth Hand
interesting tidbits about goddess worship, good story with great characters. I want to read the UK version, which has a bunch of stuff that was edited out of the US version (probly to make it a faster read). (****)

33. The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
meh. okay story, but I couldn't really get into any of the characters, and the plot just kind of floundered near the end. it could have been so much HOTTER hehe. (**.5)

34. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
MUCH better than The Mermaid Chair. basically, this little girl runs off and tries to find out who her mom was. I loved all of the characters and the story itself was told very well. (****)

35. Come to Me: Stories by Amy Bloom
Amy Bloom writes so well that it's almost disgusting. while I didn't enjoy this collection as much as I enjoyed A Blind Man Can See How Much I Love You, Come to Me was good in its own quiet way. the stories examine love and family -- the different definitions for each and the way they come together. (****)

No comments:

Post a Comment