Friday, January 06, 2006

fifty-one/fifty-two

Assassination Vacation is the third book by Sarah Vowell that I've read, even though it's the first one of hers that I heard of. I was waiting patiently for it to come out in paperback. I love the covers on her books, they rock, to put it simply.

I've gotten used to Vowell's sarcastic writing style now, and I've grown fond of it. Vowell has a sort of fascination with assassinations, and knows all sorts of quirky facts (as well as normal date-and-place facts) about our presidents. This book focuses mostly on McKinley and Lincoln's assassinations, but it's really all over the place. It's scattered in a fun way. Vowell travels on a sort of "best of" assassination tour, dragging friends and family along with her from time to time, and the whole thing seems like a good time, even given the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment